Meet the Newest Vikings Characters:
With the suggestion that Ragnar Lothbrok (Travis Fimmel) will be invading Paris in Season 3 of History Channel’s Vikings, it is likely we will see quite an expansion to the cast list. So far we have news of the following actors joining the cast:
- Kevin Durand. He will play a character called The Wanderer. While there is little to go on in relation to when or where we will come across this character. Durand recently told Zap2It that The Wanderer will appear in three episodes. This could mean that his character has a short story arc that will end in either resolution or death. Or, it could mean that his character does not appear until the Episode 7 and will continue on in Season 4. Currently Kevin is starring in The Strain.
- Lothaire Bluteau. He will play Emperor Charles of France.
- Jennie Jacques. She will play Judith who is the mother of Alfred the Great.
- Morgane Polanski. She will play Princess Gisla who is the daughter of Emperor Charles of France.
- Niamh Algar. She is listed by IMDb.com as playing ‘mother’ in Episode 3 of Season 3 of Vikings. Little more is known about this character with speculation beginning over who she may be the mother to.
- We also know there will be another character called Harbard introduced in Season 3. There is no news yet on who will be playing this character but we do know that Harbard will be a significant person for Siggy (Jessalyn Gilsig), Aslaug (Alyssa Sutherland) and Helga (Maude Hirst).
- Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick) will also entrust the aide of Kalf to look over her kingdom while she is away with Ragnar. Once more, there is no news on who will play this character.
Sources: Zap2It – ‘Vikings’ Season 3: Kevin Durand shares details about his character
BreatheCast – ‘Vikings’ Season 3 Release Date, Plot Spoilers: Viking Warriors Set for ‘The Great Raid in Paris’ [VIDEO]
IMDb.com – Niamh Algar
(Photo Credit: History Channel, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.)